Founded in 1881, Royal Belfast Golf Club lays claim to the title of the oldest golf club in Ireland.
The present course dates back to 1925, when responsibility for the course design and layout at the current location was given to H.S. Colt, the eminent English course architect of the day. With the assistance of Walker Cup player W.A. Murray, Colt produced a course of great charm which provides a true test of golfing skill and enjoys one of the most scenic settings of any in the British Isles with its unrivalled views of Belfast Lough and the Antrim plateau beyond.